[Yanel-dev] [HEADS-UP] Minor backwards incompatible change re realm interface

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Feb 22 12:06:30 CET 2012

Hi

We have introduced a backwards incompatible change (commit
68b1ffd02e617952e6cfa452ca589c1df17b3d50) re the realm interface, see

src/core/java/org/wyona/yanel/core/map/Realm.java#getUserTrackingDomain()
rc/core/java/org/wyona/yanel/core/map/Realm.java#setUserTrackingDomain(String)

which means if you have a custom realm implementation and if you don't
extend the default realm implementation,
then you need to update your custom realm implementation accordingly,
see for example

src/core/java/org/wyona/yanel/core/map/RealmDefaultImpl.java

According to http://semver.org/ we have increased the Yanel version
number to 2.0.0

It's really a minor change, but I understand that such changes are
annoying anyway and maybe we can discuss
how to change the realm architecture such that similar enhancements
won't create backwards incompatibilities
in the future.