[Yanel-dev] Performance Issue in YarepUser.getGroupIDs(true)

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Feb 7 17:56:43 CET 2012

Am 07.02.12 14:01, schrieb basZero:
> dear all,
>
> I observed a severe performance issue if you call the getGroupIDs
> method with boolean TRUE (return also parent groups):
> - I have 1000 users locally installed
> - I did a test with retrieving groups with parents: 1300ms and once
> without parents: 1 to 2ms
>
> 1)
> Did anybody use parent groups?

yes
> How did you solve this issue?

you mean the peformance issue?

I think this depends very much about the context, how the groups are
being nested and how often one is calling this method.

In what context are you using it or rather what do you try to accomplish?

> 2)
> However: the difference from a performance point of view seems a bit
> too distinct, maybe the code could be improved?
> If there is a description somewhere, what
> exactly YarepUser.getGroupIDs(true) should do,

See the javadoc at

src/core/java/org/wyona/security/core/api/User.java#getGroupIDs(boolean)

You might also have a look at

src/util/java/org/wyona/security/util/GroupUtil.java#getGroupIDs(Group,
boolean)

HTH

Michael