[Yanel-dev] Performance Issue in YarepUser.getGroupIDs(true)

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 14:01:46 CET 2012

dear all,

I observed a severe performance issue if you call the getGroupIDs method
with boolean TRUE (return also parent groups):
- I have 1000 users locally installed
- I did a test with retrieving groups with parents: 1300ms and once without
parents: 1 to 2ms

1)
Did anybody use parent groups? How did you solve this issue?

2)
However: the difference from a performance point of view seems a bit too
distinct, maybe the code could be improved?
If there is a description somewhere, what
exactly YarepUser.getGroupIDs(true) should do, then I could take a look at
the code and give my feedback on it.

Cheers
Balz