[Yanel-dev] Yanel on bitbucket.org?

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:04:50 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

If Yanel is anyway using Mercurial in future, it would make sense to move
Yanel to bitbucket, it is anyway OpenSource and on bitbucket, you'd benefit
from many out of the box features:
- issue tracking : Example:
https://bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/hgtk/issues?status=new&status=open
- commit history: Example:
https://bitbucket.org/ellislab/codeigniter-reactor/changesets
- wiki: Example:
https://bitbucket.org/ellislab/codeigniter-reactor/wiki/Home
- as people can discover it, they can follow it and above all, collaboration
and networking with programmers around the world is so much easier when
being on a hosted platform like bitbucket or github.

This just came to my mind, as we have moved our realm code into a private
repo on github.com .

Bitbucket is fully free for open-source projects! Although I have the
impression, that github.com is a bit further regarding features (issues),
bitbucket is certainly a good choice too.

Consider it! Would be cool :-)

Another great thing: people can submit patches to your project in bitbucket,
with a few clicks you can review the code changes, you can apply the patch
to a branch, check it out, test it, and then if you're happy, commit it to
the master branch... I think the whole Yanel project would enter a new world
if it would be hosted there.

Cheers
Balz