[Yanel-dev] Yanel with git and Eclipse: Tip for build directory

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:35:28 CEST 2011

Hi,

Since a few days, my realm's code is now in a git repository on github.com .
Yanel is still fetched from SVN of course.
On top of this, I work with Eclipse and the target directory for built class
files is <realmroot>/build:
- /build/classes
- /build/lib

As you don't want to commit all classes into git, I initially configured
"build" into the ignore list at
- <realmroot>/.git/info/exclude

But today I noticed, that also the "build" directory inside resources, e.g.
 <root of a resource>/src/build/* , are NOT commited.

A small change solves this issue, just tell git to ignore the build
directory in the realm's root folder:
So, this is now in the exclude file:
.DS_Store
.svn