[Yanel-dev] TrackableV1

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Oct 6 16:16:47 CEST 2011

Hi Balz

Am 06.10.11 14:58, schrieb basZero:
> Hi,
>
> the new feature for a resource to implement TrackableV1 is nice.
> But I just noticed, that if you use an xinclude, the trackInfo()
> method does not get called on the included resource.
>
> Example:
> - User goes to a URL that matches resource A
> - that page does an xinclude (like
> https://github.com/wyona/yanel/issues/1 )

IIRC when using the protocol |"yanelresource:" then the YanelServlet is
not being called, but rather the resource manager directly and since the
access logging is done by the YanelServlet, such "internal" requests are
not being logged.

> - the included realm path matches resource B
> - even though B implements TrackableV1, the trackInfo() does not get
> called.
>
> Bug or missing feature?

I would consider it's a feature (see my above explanation). I guess the
question is who should be responsible for the logging.

What is the reason that you don't want your "container" (I mean the
rescource which is called via http through the YanelServlet) to
implement trackable? Because of re-usability of code?