[Yanel-dev] Boost / DB Performance

Balz Schreier balz.schreier at gmail.com
Mon May 2 09:41:57 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have the following issue:
in our boost DB, we have two large tables (the nodes table and the table
where the number of hits are counted).

indexes are all there and the queries are fast (tested via postgres
command).

BUT: before the "java.sql.Connection" object can be used, it tests the
connection first to the DB, before the object is handed over to your code.

The query looks like this: SELECT 1 FROM <tablename>;

the problem with that query is, that it takes 4 seconds (we have > 3 Mio.
rows in the tables).

Does anybody know how to change the TEST STATEMENT for the
java.sql.Connection ?

I also posted the question on stackoverflow.com, I'll post the response here
if it helped.
If you have an idea, let me know, thanks.

Cheers
Balz