[Yanel-dev] Fwd: Re: [Jelly] Is development still in progress

Balz Schreier balz.schreier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 11:40:51 CEST 2011

Myfaces is an impl of the JSF spec, I like it very much and is for sure the
successor of JSP (and not Jelly).

But I don't feel yet whether JSF could fit with Yanel, because JSF already
does the URL-to-Component mapping itself (which Yanel does too). So here is
a bit of a conflict. But let's see, I'll have to analyze it further.

If JSF would work with Yanel, that would be the best case in my opinion.
You could leverage plenty of ui-widgets (similar to jQuery widgets) from
- ICEfaces
- myFaces
- ADFFaces
etc.

Sidenote: most JSF widgets also use jQuery internally, so there is no
drawback with regards to user friendliness.

Cheers
Balz

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Michael Wechner <michael.wechner at wyona.com