[Yanel-dev] Creating a patch [WAS: Re: First steps with Mercurial

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Sat Mar 12 00:09:24 CET 2011

On 3/11/11 1:05 AM, Cedric Staub wrote:
>>> You can show the differences between two revisions with
>>>
>>> hg diff -r REV1:REV2
>> I have created now a "patch" using
>>
>> hg diff -b -r 207:159>  comments-patch.txt
>>
>> but I don't think I can apply this directly to SVN, because it does not
>> contain
>> the SVN revision numbers etc., right?
> I don't see how this is a problem. The command normally used for
> importing  patches (`patch`) is not part of Subversion, it's part
> of the GNU project [1]. It shouldn't care about revision numbers
> or other annotations. It doesn't even know it's working on a SVN
> repository. It's all just files :-).
>
> [1] http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/patch/

you're right of course :-)

One more question: I have added now the stuff to SVN, but while doing
this I have changed some more stuff.
Hence when pulling it again from SVN-Mercurial mirror I receive some
conflicts, e.g.

hg merge 225
merging conf/resource-types.xml
warning: conflicts during merge.
merging conf/resource-types.xml failed!
merging src/build/dependencies.xml
warning: conflicts during merge.
merging src/build/dependencies.xml failed!
merging src/core/java/org/wyona/yanel/core/YanelNamespaces.java
warning: conflicts during merge.
merging src/core/java/org/wyona/yanel/core/YanelNamespaces.java failed!
merging
src/impl/java/org/wyona/yanel/impl/comments/CommentManagerV1Impl.java
warning: conflicts during merge.
merging
src/impl/java/org/wyona/yanel/impl/comments/CommentManagerV1Impl.java
failed!
merging
src/resources/xml/src/java/org/wyona/yanel/impl/resources/XMLResource.java
warning: conflicts during merge.
merging
src/resources/xml/src/java/org/wyona/yanel/impl/resources/XMLResource.java
failed!
28 files updated, 0 files merged, 3 files removed, 5 files unresolved
use 'hg resolve' to retry unresolved file merges or 'hg update -C .' to
abandon

which is understandable, but what I do not understand is that when running

hg status conf
M conf/resource-types.xml

it just tells me that this file is modified, but not that has a conflict.

Any idea how I can see these conflicts?