[Yanel-dev] New toolbar (using superfish) doesn't use full width re menu items on IE

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Jan 27 23:03:16 CET 2011

Hi Simon

On 1/27/11 10:43 PM, simon wrote:
> Am 27.01.2011 16:54, schrieb Michael Wechner:
>> Hi Cedric (and Simon)
>>
>> I have tested the new toolbar using superfish with IE, but the CSS
>> doesn't work as expected.
>>
>> See the difference to the from scratch realm which is still using the
>> "old" toolbar.
> did you re-add the htc file as well?

yes, whereas I was tempted to upgrade to csshover3.htc, but it's not really
clear to me what this file does actually re IE. Do you understand what
it does?

> sorry for any inconvenience...

no problem, but related to this I actually wanted to write a biased email on

"Why Michael doesn't scale, but what is the alternative?"

because this toolbar example illustrates nicely that there are changes which
are hard to detect automatically re backwards compatibility (or other
criteria) and it means one
needs a broad active community using the latest version of Yanel in
order to detect
such issues early on.

Currently it seems that *I* am this community because I am running about
20 different realms
within the same Yanel instance and keep checking stuff on a regular basis.

This doesn't scale!

So what can we do about this?

Any suggestions are much appreciated, but let's be realistic ;-)