[Yanel-dev] Login Issue?

Balz Schreier balz.schreier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 17:34:56 CET 2011

Hi,

I noticed the following:

1) You login a user like this:

   DefaultWebAuthenticatorImpl.authenticate(username, password, getRealm(),
request.getSession())

2) Right after this line, you want to retrieve the user via environment:

   environment.getIdentity().getUsername()

doesn't work! NULL is returned for the user.

Instead you have to use this line to retrieve the user object:

   realm.getIdentityManager().getUserManager().getUser(userID)

So I assume that the identity object gets not updated correctly in the
environment?
Can you verify that?

>From a programmer's perspective, I would assume that both APIs should work
correctly.