[Yanel-dev] Rule Engine

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 13:40:16 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

as discussed over lunch, here are some pointers regarding "Regelwerk" (Rule
Engine) to one of the most mature rule engines in the open source space (my
personal opinion, and I have no relation to JBoss, just to mention that...):

- Drools Expert: this is the engine itself:
http://www.jboss.org/drools/drools-expert.html

- The engine can optionally be used within the whole platform called
"Drools" and delivers a whole Business Logic Integration Platform:
http://www.jboss.org/drools

If the rules themselves must be administrated and modified at runtime, it is
certainly valuable to make use of the out of the box administration console
called "Guvnor": http://www.jboss.org/drools/drools-guvnor.html

To get a frist understanding of how it works, I'd take a look at the
documentation of Drools Expert:
http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.1.1.34858.FINAL/drools-expert/html=
/ch02.html#d0e251

Cheers