[Yanel-dev] Caching Framework in Yanel?

Balz Schreier balz.schreier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 16:05:44 CET 2011

Dear all,

I have some use cases where I would like to store some objects in a cache
and decide which type gets cached for how long.

Is there a built-in caching mechanism in Yanel?
If so, where can I get some details about it?

Requirements for the caching framework for my use cases so far:
- A cache is primarily a HashMap, storing an object for a certain "key"
- A cache has a name which I can retrieve through an API and then get the
cached objects easily by passing in the key
- Caches can live side by side, configurable: name, expiration
- The cache does not need to be cluster safe.

Balz