[Yanel-dev] Patch: Make toolbar replaceable

simon simon at 333.ch
Thu Jan 6 10:37:35 CET 2011

Am 06.01.2011 09:05, schrieb Cedric Staub:
> Hello
>
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 03:53:42PM +0100, Balz Schreier wrote:
>> is it only slow on my MacBook Pro or do you also have some performance
>> issues with this menu?
> Nah, it's kinda slow for me too altough it's not too bad. But I don't
> imagine it will work on older computers.
>
>> Maybe it's the size of my browser window (1920 x 1200).
>>
>> It would be interesting to compare some menu plugins (based on jQuery of
>> course) and list the pros and cons before deciding on a replacement.
>>
>> A good start would be : http://plugins.jquery.com/projects/plugins?type=44
>>
>> <http://plugins.jquery.com/projects/plugins?type=44>If somebody finds a good
>> page in the web showing a fair comparison of some menu plugins, please share
>> it on this mailing list. thanks!
> I like Superfish: http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/#examples
>
> It's a simple, yet functional hover menu that works with IE6 :-)
i like this too.
> Personally I think such a menu is much more useable and as such useful
> for us rather than all the other 'oh-my-god-look-at-me-i-am-so-fancy'
> toolbar plugins that just end up stealing away the focus/attention from
> the actual webpage.
i think this is true, but the shine is not the most important thing.
this could be improved by changing the css. but rather the
functionality. e.g. ajax menu etc.
but for now i think simple simple menu with a better handling than the
current would be good.

BTW
i think we should consider to implement the menu into a resource-type.
this way it would be easy to replace it by another menu (resource-type)

WDOT?

simon