[Yanel-dev] Patch: Make toolbar replaceable

Cedric Staub cedric.staub at wyona.com
Thu Jan 6 09:05:59 CET 2011

Hello

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 03:53:42PM +0100, Balz Schreier wrote:
> is it only slow on my MacBook Pro or do you also have some performance
> issues with this menu?

Nah, it's kinda slow for me too altough it's not too bad. But I don't
imagine it will work on older computers.

> Maybe it's the size of my browser window (1920 x 1200).
>
> It would be interesting to compare some menu plugins (based on jQuery of
> course) and list the pros and cons before deciding on a replacement.
>
> A good start would be : http://plugins.jquery.com/projects/plugins?type=44
>
> <http://plugins.jquery.com/projects/plugins?type=44>If somebody finds a good
> page in the web showing a fair comparison of some menu plugins, please share
> it on this mailing list. thanks!

I like Superfish: http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/#examples

It's a simple, yet functional hover menu that works with IE6 :-)

Personally I think such a menu is much more useable and as such useful
for us rather than all the other 'oh-my-god-look-at-me-i-am-so-fancy'
toolbar plugins that just end up stealing away the focus/attention from
the actual webpage.

And here's a comparison of other menus:
http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/10-incredible-jquery-navigation-menus

Cheers