[Yanel-dev] Get all repositories within realm

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Jan 5 11:25:57 CET 2011

On 1/5/11 10:22 AM, Cedric Staub wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 10:10:48AM +0100, Michael Wechner wrote:
>> good point. I am afraid we need to introduce this by either enhancing
>> the realm interface:
>>
>> http://127.0.0.1:8080/yanel/yanel-website/javadoc/org/wyona/yanel/core/map/Realm.html
>>
>> whereas this would break backwards compatibility
> I'd like to avoid that.

me too, but I would say this is a real flaw.
Of course we could also introduce a versionable interface for this.

>   For the moment, I want the re-indexer to work
> before I go about changing other stuff ;-)
>
> Quick fix: The user can now enter a repository id to re-index,

please note that the default repositories might not have an ID and hence
won't be accessible
this way, but I am not sure about this and also need to have a closer
look at it

>   and after
> I got the re-indexing part to work I will try to figure out a way to
> show a list of all repositories in a realm.
>
>> or introduce some
>> "utility" class, which is also
>> accessible from within a resource, either by another interface or by the
>> Environment.
> Sounds better.
>
>> Also it is not clear to me what methods we should introduce, e.g.
>>
>> Repository[] getRepositories()
>>
>> String[] getRepositoryIDs()
>> (whereas this will lead to the problem, that the default repositories of
>> realm (data, ac-identities, ac-policies, res-configs) have no IDs
>> assigned internally IIRC)
>>
>> Map getRepositoryMap() (e.g. see
>> http://download.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/ServletRequest.html#getParameterMap%28%29)
>>
>> WDYT?
> The getRepositoryIDs function would be the most convienient for my
> purpose, but I don't know what others might want to do with it. I don't
> know if the default repos have internal IDs or not, but if they don't
> then that should be fixed imho.

agreed, whereas we should prefix them somehow in order to avoid naming
conflicts, e.g.

yanel_data
yanel_ac-identities
yanel_ac-policies
yanel_res-configs

whereas we probably should use rather and underline to prefix, because
the color is already used
by the "yanelrepo" protocol.

> I will look into it and code something up soon ;-)

Thanks very much

Michael