[Yanel-dev] Get all repositories within realm

Cedric Staub cedric.staub at wyona.com
Wed Jan 5 10:22:06 CET 2011

Hi

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 10:10:48AM +0100, Michael Wechner wrote:
> good point. I am afraid we need to introduce this by either enhancing
> the realm interface:
>
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/yanel/yanel-website/javadoc/org/wyona/yanel/core/map/Realm.html
>
> whereas this would break backwards compatibility

I'd like to avoid that. For the moment, I want the re-indexer to work
before I go about changing other stuff ;-)

Quick fix: The user can now enter a repository id to re-index, and after
I got the re-indexing part to work I will try to figure out a way to
show a list of all repositories in a realm.

> or introduce some
> "utility" class, which is also
> accessible from within a resource, either by another interface or by the
> Environment.

Sounds better.

> Also it is not clear to me what methods we should introduce, e.g.
>
> Repository[] getRepositories()
>
> String[] getRepositoryIDs()
> (whereas this will lead to the problem, that the default repositories of
> realm (data, ac-identities, ac-policies, res-configs) have no IDs
> assigned internally IIRC)
>
> Map getRepositoryMap() (e.g. see
> http://download.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/ServletRequest.html#getParameterMap%28%29)
>
> WDYT?

The getRepositoryIDs function would be the most convienient for my
purpose, but I don't know what others might want to do with it. I don't
know if the default repos have internal IDs or not, but if they don't
then that should be fixed imho.

I will look into it and code something up soon ;-)

> Btw, welcome back :-)

Thanks

Greetings
Cedric