[Yanel-dev] Workflow Dashboard

Balz Schreier balz.schreier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 15:21:24 CET 2011

ok, but doing the demo would still be better to get what I mean.

so I quickly try:

*screenshot 1:*
in wordpress, everything is called a "post" because wordpress was born in
the blogging decade. today a "post" is simply a "content item". Every
content item you create gets a creation date, title, meta data, etc.
what you do with that content item is up to you.
- you can out of the box search for your content, edit it, publish it, and
every content item is versioned per default.
- you also see the Media Section to the left
- then you see the "pages": in the old days, this was a static page of
course. today, a wordpress "page" is like a Yanel Resource which is
triggered by a certain URL pattern. the content that gets rendered for that
URL is either static or dynamic. If you want it dynamic, you need to
programm PHP.

*screenshot 2:*
this is all about the UI. you can edit your complete CSS and deploy it to
the live system. this section is huge and possibilities are nearly endless.

*screenshot 3:*
- detail view of the "pages" screen. so these are the "Yanel Resource" if
you want so. You see on the screen a resource called "cars": that one goes
into a database and dynamically renderes cars in a chronological order.
If I would like to "add a car", I simply create a new content item "car" and
save it. Given all the metadata, the dynamic page knows where to render the
new item automatically.
The page we are talking about now is http://baszero.ch/racing/cars/
If you checkout that page, you won't recognize a "blog" behind it. it
appears like any other content driven page.

I guess that's enough for a start.

Cheers
Balz