[Yanel-dev] too many open files problem on VMWare Ubuntu

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Aug 8 10:52:35 CEST 2011

Hi

In order to improve this it helps to find out which files are actually
open, e.g.

Get Tomcat process ID: ps ax | grep tom
Display all open files: lsof -p PROCESS_ID_OF_TOMCAT
Display number of open files: lsof -p PROCESS_ID_OF_TOMCAT | wc -l

For example on my Mac I have approx. 173 open files currently under the
tomcat process ID, whereas
most of them are the jar files.