[Yanel-dev] Boost Logging

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Mon Apr 11 12:12:48 CEST 2011

Hi

Currently the Yanel Servlet is doing the access logging, whereas it asks
the resources re the AnnotatableV1 interface in order to get tags.

This is not always meaningful for Boost (e.g. in the case of the
homepage) and also
we need to pass in actions, e.g.

- add2cart
- buy

Also for custom logging one currently is tempted to log directly  as for
example the contact resource does

src/contributions/resources/contact-form/src/java/org/wyona/yanel/impl/resources/contactform/ContactResource.java

which is not that good either.

Hence I would suggest that we introduce an AccessLoggableV1 interface,
which each resource can
implement if a more sophisticated logging is necessary than what the
YanelServlet does.

I have not thought about the methods much yet, but we definitely need
something for the tags, e.g.

String[] AccessLoggableV1#getTags()

and for the action(s)

String[] AccessLoggableV1#getActions()