[Yanel-dev] AccessLog class recently modified API ?

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Sun Apr 10 20:54:02 CEST 2011

Hi Balz

On 4/8/11 2:10 PM, Balz Schreier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did the last distribution build (which takes the latest yanel build)
> last week.
> Today the build does not work anymore.
>
> Reason:
>
> This method has changed:
>
> AccessLog.getYanelAnalyticsCookie(getEnvironment().getRequest(),
> getEnvironment().getResponse());
>

> Looking at the latest AccessLog class in Yanel, the method has changed
> into:
>
> public static Cookie getYanelAnalyticsCookie(HttpServletRequest request)
>

> If have no issue with adapting to the new API, but this should never
> happen with Yanel, correct?

yes, my bad. It shouldn't have been public in the first place and I did
a build with various projects
and all looked good, so I changed it to private. Sorry for that.

I would consider the logging still experimental and maybe we should
consider to introduce a versioned loggable interface in order to avoid
something like this in the future.

WDYT?