[Yanel-dev] [Yarep Versionable V1] Get revision by date timezone bug

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Thu Apr 7 11:48:07 CEST 2011

On 4/7/11 12:02 AM, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have noticed that the date index, e.g.
>
> data-repo/yarep-meta/foo/bar.yarep/index_date
>
> has a bug re timezones, which means if you travel with your Yanel
> server (e.g. on a laptop) from
> one timezone to another, then the revision search won't work properly
> anymore.
>
> The simplest workaround is just to delete this temporary index
> directories and on the next request
> it will be generated automagically and the revision search will work
> again.
>
> Nevertheless I am currently trying to fix it and will keep you posted
> re my progress.

this should be fixed now, whereas the index is now always using UTC.
When you deploy this new
version, then the index will be rebuilt automatically, which might take
a bit depending on how many revisions you have per node, but it should
not be bad and the new index directory is called

index_date_utc

instead index_date which become obsolete.