[Yanel-dev] Using Image Magick on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)

Balz Schreier balz.schreier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 10:56:29 CEST 2010

I think that Image IO can only deal with image formats (e.g. from PNG to
TIFF etc.) whereas Image Magick can also transform PDFs into JPGs.

I don't know the quality of Image IO when it comes to scaling.
But what I know for sure is that Java Advanced Imaging delivers very good
scaling results:
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/desktop/media/jai/

The relation between JAI and ImageIO can be seen here:
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/desktop/media/jai/project/index.html

Cheers
Balz

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Michael Wechner <michael.wechner at wyona.com