[Yanel-dev] Using Image Magick on Mac OS X (Snow Leopard)

Balz Schreier balz.schreier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 10:29:56 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I struggled lately with using Image Magick on Mac OS X (I did not use
macports, and snow leopard is shipped with an old ghostscript version).

I found out that the easiest way to install it is with MacPorts. Here are
the steps you have to do:

- You must be a registered Apple Developer. If you do not have an account:
http://developer.apple.com/programs/register/
- Download and Install XCode (requires login to your Developer account) :
http://developer.apple.com/technologies/tools/xcode.html
- Download and Install MacPorts: http://www.macports.org/
- In any Mac OSX Terminal: sudo port install ImageMagick
- In any Mac OSX Terminal: sudo port install ghostscript

Ready to go !

Cheers
Balz