[Yanel-dev] Jelly can drive you crazy ...

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Sep 29 13:42:18 CEST 2010

Hi

I just have spent quite some time debugging a Jelly File, because some
methods were not
public and others have been renamed.

These errors were not obvious and hence I was looking at the wrong place
for too long until
I have realized what the actual error was.

I think it would be nice if one could "pre-compile" these Jelly files
somehow, such
that one could at least recognize such errors during the build process.
I don't know
if this possible, but any help/pointers is appreciated.

Also I need to check if the enabling of

# Makes Jelly errors visible, but do not use in production, because it
also generates a lot of debug messages
#log4j.category.org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript=TRACE

within

conf/(local/local.)log4j.properties

also might be useful. (haven't tried myself yet, but write this down
anyway for anyone
stumbling over this thread in the future).