[Yanel-dev] Input Form validation

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 14:46:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am using Jelly based forms, have my own resources and a dedicated
validator for certain fields.
all works fine until I would like to do a validation across multiple fields.

How can I do that?

I looked for possible solutions:
- from the validator I only get the resource input item, not the whole
input. so there is no chance to get access to the whole form (which would
allow me to do some cross-field validation)
- I added the whole resource input object to my validator constructor, so
that I can later access it when the validator gets called. unfortunately,
the validator gets called before the resouce input gets updated
(via setUpEditionForm()), so what I get from that stored object is the old
values... does not help.

for any idea, thanks.

cheers
balz