Using third-party resources types which are available as jar files [WAS: Re: [Yanel-dev] Re: Using contributed resources

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Sat Sep 18 22:23:01 CEST 2010

Balz Schreier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess I've found the solution for what I want to do.
> In order to use a contributed resource which is available from the
> yanel trunk, I have added this line to my realm's resources-xml:
>
> <resource-type package="org.wyona.yanel.impl.resources.redirect"
> compile="false"/>

you do this in order to register resource types which are available as
jar files (e.g. via Maven
http://maven2.wyona.org/wyona-org-yanel/yanel-resource-example-world-time/)

whereas in order to actually get/download it one needs to declare it as
a dependency somewhere, e.g.

src/realms/welcome-admin/src/build/dependencies.xml

which will then be downloaded and deployed at, e.g.

local/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/yanel/WEB-INF/lib/yanel-resource-example-world-time-1.0-dev-r44371.jar

and in order to make it available one needs to register it somewhere, e.g.

src/realms/from-scratch-realm-template/resource-types.xml

which will then register it within Yanel

local/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/yanel/WEB-INF/classes/resource-types.xml

and then one can finally us it, e.g.

src/realms/from-scratch-realm-template/res-configs/time.html.yanel-rc

or rather

http://127.0.0.1:8080/yanel/from-scratch-realm/time.html