[Yanel-dev] About cookies

Cedric Staub cedric.staub at wyona.com
Thu Sep 2 10:05:16 CEST 2010

Hello

Something else I recently stumbled upon: when Yanel creates a cookie, it
writes a timestamp to that cookie. But timestamps are not unique... If we
have more than one request per second we'll have multiple users with
the same cookie and we won't be able to distinguish them anymore.

The code actually knows this and includes a TODO and I think this is
certainly something that should be fixed. I suggest instead of
timestamps we could use random UUIDs or perhaps a combination of both?

Well, what do YOU think? ;-)

Cheers
Cedric