[Yanel-dev] Compiling/running junit tests of resource types

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Oct 27 00:06:17 CEST 2010

On 9/27/10 9:33 PM, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> It seems that compiling/running junit tests of resource types has
> never been really implemented.

I just notice it actually has, e.g.

./build.sh -f src/test/build.xml junit
-Dtest.class.name=org.wyona.yanel.impl.resources.XMLResourceTest

whereas this seems to use

junit-3.8.1.jar

but I am not entirely sure, but need to do some more investigation,
whereas this junit dependency
seems to be pulled in by

src/resources/testing-control/src/build/dependencies.xml
> I have add now a junit target to
>
> src/build/resource-types/resource-type.build.xml
>
> which means one can do something like
>
> ./build.sh -f
> /Users/michaelwechner/src/MY_REALM/trunk/res-types/MY_RESOURCE_TYPE/build.xml
> junit
> -Dtest.class.name=org.wyona.yane.resources.myresource.MyResourceTest

I just notice that this only works if one sets a junit lib dependency
within the resource dependency file, e.g.

<dependency groupId="junit" artifactId="junit" version="4.8.1"/>

whereas this is good and bad:

good: one can use a specific junit version
bad: one needs to set it specifically for every resource