[Yanel-dev] Lucene Index gets corrupt

basZero baszero at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 14:14:53 CEST 2010

dear all,

i often see this exception in the log when reindexing a yarep repository:

10/10/25 14:06:34 ERROR lucene.LuceneIndexer:
org.apache.lucene.index.CorruptIndexException: Unknown format version: -9

I have two usecases where I deal with the index (indirectly):

1) Node.addNode() (in my case it is the VirtualFileSystemNode)

2) YarepUtil.index() (I use the YarepUtil in the org.wyona.yarep.util
package)

I am not very deep into the yarep code yet, but what I have seen is that the
current Yarep Implementation uses a deprecated Lucene API.
In the new API, one has to provide the Lucene Version for all operations, in
the old API, you don't need to provide it.

I will work on this topic soon again in order to get rid of the
CorrupIndexException but maybe somebody has some inputs for my analysis.

Cheers
- B