[Yanel-dev] Contract of BasicXMLResource subclasses, when using controller-adapter

Rob Adamson bobacus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 17:32:43 CEST 2010

On 20 October 2010 15:03, Cedric Staub <cedric.staub at wyona.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 02:10:29PM +0100, Rob Adamson wrote:
>> All I need to know is how to use Jelly, or perhaps XSLT, to handle the
>> 'done' view.

[snip]

> There are two ways to do this as far as I know:
>
> - In XSLT, the data needs to be available in the XML output generated by
>  the getContentXML function. The data generated by getContentXML is the
>  basis for the transformation with the given XSL stylesheet.
>
> - In Jelly you can make a call to Java functions. You could simply
>  implement functions in your resource that return the data that you
>  want to have, and then call those functions from within Jelly.

This would be good. The problem is that the variables Jelly has access
to are set by the controller-adapter resource, not my CreatableV3
resource. I believe I would need to subclass the controller-adapter,
which I don't want to do if I can avoid it.

As far as I can tell, the only way to pass back information is via the
ResourceInput, so I am trying that.

Thanks,
Rob