[Yanel-dev] Contract of BasicXMLResource subclasses, when using controller-adapter

Rob Adamson bobacus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 11:29:56 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a resource type that's a subclass of
org.wyona.yanel.impl.resources.BasicXMLResource, and I want to know
what the contract is. In particular, what should getContentXML return
for different values of its parameter (String viewId)?

The specific problem I'm trying to solve is controlling the output to
the user after creating or modifying a resource, via
controller-adapter.

I can see that getContentXML gets called with the parameter value
"done", but cannot see how the result relates to the 'done' template
configured in the controller-adapter resource configuration.

How can I bind values to attributes accessible from the 'done'
template? (a Jelly template.)

Rob