[Yanel-dev] shared library

Cedric Staub cedric.staub at wyona.com
Thu Oct 14 09:01:17 CEST 2010

Hi

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 05:35:12PM +0100, Paul Bakker wrote:
> Can you recommend an approach for where to put utility classes that contain
> methods that could be used by several resource types?

Personally, I like to do it this way:

1. I create a new resource type, e.g. my-shared-resource.

2. I let the resource type be packaged into a jar file by creating a
pom.xml file within src/build. Here's an example from our newly released
konakart-yanel-realm's shared resource:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>wyona-org-yanel</groupId>
  <artifactId>yanel-resource- at NAME@</artifactId>
  <version>@VERSION@</version>
</project>

3. Then you'll need to add that resource to the dependencies of your
other resources by writing it into src/build/dependencies.xml:

<dependency groupId="wyona-org-yanel" artifactId="yanel-resource-konakart-shared" version="0.0.1-dev-rXXX"/>

4. And last but not least, add the resource to your realm's
resource-types.xml. But make sure to put it at the top of the list, so
it gets compiled before all the other resources.

You can look at our konakart-yanel-realm as an example:
http://svn.wyona.com/repos/public/yanel/contributions/realms/konakart-yanel-realm/

The shared resource there is simply called "shared".

Greetings,
Cedric