[Yanel-dev] Mysterious class loading problem resolved

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Wed Nov 10 12:10:35 CET 2010

Hi

I recently had a very strange class loading problem re various yarep
classes, but was finally able to resolve it.

The problem was that within a particular realm some yarep classes were
overwritten (including patches which have not made it into the official
version yet)

MY_REALM/src/java/org/wyona/yarep/impl/repo/vfs/VirtualFileSystemNode.java

and hence the class loader was first loading these classes instead from

local/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/yanel/WEB-INF/lib/yarep-impl-1.0-dev-r54556.jar

I was very confused about this because I wasn't aware of these classes
within this particular realm
and couldn't explain why it didn't pick up the classes from the library.

Anyway, now I know and can proceed :-), but thought that I let you know
in case you ever experience a
similar situation.