[Yanel-dev] Storing reviewer comments with workflow transitions

Rob Adamson bobacus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 17:46:24 CET 2010

On 3 November 2010 16:39, Michael Wechner <michael.wechner at wyona.com> wrote:
> On 11/3/10 4:06 PM, Rob Adamson wrote:
>> Is there a convenient way to get at the node path from a resource?
>
> you mean like the "source node" of a resource?
>
> If so, then no, because a resource could be purely dynamic.
>
> The trick is to do this through the resource interfaces, e.g.
>
> http://www.yanel.org/javadoc/org/wyona/yanel/core/api/attributes/VersionableV2.html#getRevisions()
>
> and
>
> http://www.yanel.org/javadoc/org/wyona/yanel/core/api/attributes/WorkflowableV1.html#getWorkflowState(REVISION_NUMBER)
>
> but maybe I misunderstand you?

I think I understand.

The problem is that there isn't any way to set a revision property
through either WorkflowableV1 or VersionableV2.

So as a work-around, I will take the path of the node as an additional
request parameter.

> Can you explain a bit more in which context you try to use this?

The context is implementing a user action whereby they can execute a
transition and record a comment to explain why they have executed this
transition.

Thanks,

Rob