[Yanel-dev] Storing reviewer comments with workflow transitions

Rob Adamson bobacus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 20:06:08 CET 2010

Hi,

I am implementing a workflow where a reviewer can approve or reject an
item, but if rejecting, has to enter the reason why, so that the
author can make the necessary changes.

I am implementing this using a custom form & resource type. The form
displays the details of the transition, and prompts the user to enter
the reason.

Q1. I assume that I should call WorkflowHelper.doTransition in
response to the submission of my custom form, in order to actually
apply the transition. Is this correct?

Q2. What are my options for storing the reason text provided by the
reviewer?  I need to persist this with the ability to retrieve it for
displaying to the author on another screen.

Q3. How to I look up the reason text? (depends on the answer to Q2).

Regards,

Rob