[Yanel-dev] Workflow actions when setting initial state

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Sat May 29 00:12:30 CEST 2010

Hi

According to the documentation

http://www.yanel.org/en/documentation/workflow/index.html

one can execute actions during a transition, but it does not seem to be
possible
to execute an action when setting the initial state.

Whereas I would assume it is quite common to execute actions at the very
beginning, e.g. sending notifications
if a new article is created (which could implemented with an EmailAction).

Maybe we could enhance the workflow schema as follows:

  <states>
    <state id="draft" initial="true"/>
    <state id="review"/>
    <state id="approved"/>
  </states>

by setting the initial attribute to deprecated and instead introduce
something like

<init state="draft">
  <action class="org.wyona.yanel.impl.workflow.EmailAction"><group
id="editor"/></action>
</init>

WDYT?