[Yanel-dev] Differentiating between requested language (e.g. content, browser) and user language (e.g. editor)

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue May 25 15:28:29 CEST 2010

Hi

I have noticed that the I18nTransformer3 does not differentiate between
requested and user language.

An example would be a user who speaks english is signed in and requests
a page with german content.

Then one could expext that the UI widgets are denoted in english, but
the content is italian.

At the moment this is not possible, but it should not be hard to enhance
it by introducing another namespace.

At the moment we have

xmlns:i18n="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/i18n/1.0"

<i18n:text key="title"/>

and I would like to introduce an additional one

xmlns:i18n-ui="http://www.wyona.org/yanel/i18n-ui/1.0"

<i18n-ui:text key="context.menu.edit"/>

and hence allow to differentiate between content and user.

WDYT?