[Yanel-dev] [TinyMCE] Problem with RowLayout and Version 3

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Fri May 21 09:49:06 CEST 2010

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Hi
>
> It seems to me that TinyMCE major version 3 does not support anymore
> RowLayout:
>

> http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Configuration/theme_advanced_containers

AFAICU it still supports both RowLayout and SimpleLayout, cf.
http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Configuration/theme_advanced_layout_manager
Of course the docs may be outdated!

> http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=14005

You should have read the whole thread! ;)

On my current project it works for me with the following:
> tinyMCE.init({
>   mode : "textareas",
>   theme : "advanced",
>   theme_advanced_layout_manager: "RowLayout",
>   theme_advanced_containers: "container1,editor",
>   theme_advanced_container_container1: "bold,italic,separator,bullist,separator,undo,redo,separator,pastetext,pasteword,selectall,code,link,unlink,formatselect,styleselect,sup,charmap, image",
>   theme_advanced_container_editor: "mceEditor", // cf. http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=14005 found by searching for 'rowlayout tinymce "co is undefined"'

The key point is that "editor" there is simply an alias and that the
"mceEditor" control must be left alone in its own container.
This fixed the "co is undefined" I had when migrating from V2.

[...]
> });

But please be aware I do not use the latest and greatest 3.x version,
only what's in Yanel TinyMCE resource-type ATM, that is v3.2.1.1
2008-11-27, so YMMV.

> but rather users the concept of
>
>  theme_advanced_buttons1:
> "bold,italic,separator,bullist,separator,undo,redo,separator,code,link,unlink,formatselect,styleselect,sup,charmap",
>
>  theme_advanced_buttons2: "",
>  theme_advanced_buttons3: "",

This sure works nice too, the only difference AFAIK is that you can only
get one row of toolbar items above the XHTML editing area, which is what
people would except anyway I guess.