[Yanel-dev] Suppress Yanel Toolbar for TinyMCE calls

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri May 21 00:55:42 CEST 2010

Michael Wechner wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> TinyMCE sends various requests to the server, for example if one
>> wants to edit a link within a text
>>
>> /yanel/globus/app/javascripts/tiny_mce_3_3_5_1/themes/advanced/link.htm
>>
>> The problem now is that if the Yanel toolbar is activated, then Yanel
>> will treat this as a regular HTML page
>> and hence will add the toolbar.
>>
>> According to
>>
>> http://yanel.org/en/documentation/yanel-toolbar.html
>>
>> one can suppress the toolbar by adding a query string, but I guess
>> this would mean one has to customize
>> the out-of-the-box TinyMCE version, which is not that nice.
>>
>> Any idea how to best solve this?

it seems to me that it would be best to solve this via a check on the
resource configuration:

src/webapp/src/java/org/wyona/yanel/servlet/YanelServlet.java

             if (yanelUI.isToolbarEnabled(request)) {
+                // if (res.getResConfiguration("toolbar
                 if (mimeType != null && mimeType.indexOf("html") > 0) {
-                    // TODO: What about other query strings or frames
or TinyMCE?
-                    if (request.getParameter(YANEL_RESOURCE_USECASE) ==
null) {
+                    // TODO: What about other query strings or frames
or TinyMCE (e.g. link.htm)?
+                    if (request.getParameter(YANEL_RESOURCE_USECASE) ==
null) { // INFO: In the case of a yanel resource usecase do NOT add the
toolbar
                         if (toolbarMasterSwitch.equals("on")) {

WDYT?