[Yanel-dev] [Yarep] Index/search properties bugs

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri May 7 23:33:20 CEST 2010

Michael Wechner wrote:

> 2) If a property value contains spaces, then it is not being indexed
> properly, whereas this can be fixed by using
>
>               luceneDoc.add(new Field(property.getName(), new
> StringReader(property.getValueAsString())));

please note that according to

http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_0_0/api/org/apache/lucene/document/Field.html#Field(java.lang.String,%20java.io.Reader)

it means "Create a tokenized and indexed field that is not stored. Term
vectors will not be stored. "

> instead
>               luceneDoc.add(new Field(property.getName(),
> property.getValueAsString(), Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));

hence, I think the problem is caused by UN_TOKENIZED. If replaced by

luceneDoc.add(new Field(property.getName(), property.getValueAsString(),
Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED));

then it should be fine or at least my tests look good so far.