[Yanel-dev] [Yarep] Bug/feature re indexing of properties

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri May 7 14:45:48 CEST 2010

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Hi
>
> If one uses a colon within a property name, e.g. wyona:my-property-name
> then the indexing of this property will not work properly, at least
> for the virtual file system implementation,
> because the colon is also used as separator between the name and the
> value, e.g.
>
> yarep_checkoutUserID<string>:test
>
> whereas if one uses a colon within the property name, then it will be
> saved as follows:
>
> wyona:my-property-name<string>:My Value
>
> and hence when the property value is being read then one will receive:
>
> my-property-name<string>:My Value
>
> In order to fix this we need to escape the colon within the property
> names.

this should be fixed now within the yarep lib, whereas I have not
updated the dependencies of Yanel yet.

Also I have fixed another problem re line breaks which was noted as TODO
within the code.

Also to make it backwards compatible I have introduced a version number
which is a property itself:

yarep_vfs-meta-file-version<string>:1.0

which means all meta data which does not contain this property is being
handled as before, but as soon as it is being
rewritten it should be handled with escaped colons.

All my tests are fine, but in case you should encounter any problem,
please let me know.