[Yanel-dev] Multiple logins

Mehmet Birgi mehmet.birgi at wyona.com
Tue May 4 08:40:55 CEST 2010

At the moment, Yanel allows unlimited concurrent logins for the same
user. It is probably also a question of taste whether this should be
considered a bug or a feature. In general, I think that if there is no
good reason to restrict things, they should remain open. But a few
things need to be considered in this context, here are a few questions
that come into my mind:

- user data tracking (re: boost): is it possible to aggregate the user
data over multiple logins? if the user logs in multiple times from the
same user agent? from separate user agents? is this even
necessary/wanted? (I think that it is important that the user data
gets consolidated for identified users)

- does the locking mechanism for editable content support this?
(afaics it does, I have already seen messages like "this item is
checked out by you", but does this also work when using separate user
agents/sessions?)

- if we decide not to allow multiple logins, how will Yanel handle the
situation where a user remains logged in on one user agent, and later
needs to login from another location/user agent? automatic time-outs?
automatic logout from previous session when logging in from another
location? (the last is probably the best, imho)

I'm sure there are other considerations, so wdyt?

Cheers,

Memo

--
Mehmet Birgi