[Yanel-dev] Doc update: Rapid development

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Fri Mar 26 12:00:22 CET 2010

Mehmet Birgi wrote:
> Thanks Michi for the suggestions. I am not sure what you meant by
> "custom example",

an example of a third-party realm, e.g. a customer like Globus, whereas
instead of using Globus you might want to
call it "MyInc" or whatever you think makes sense.

> but here is the revised version so far:
>

>   Rapid Development of Components
>
> When developing Yanel components, often there is no need to recompile
> everything once a total build has been done. Components that can be
> built separately are *webapp classes*, *resource classes* and *realms*.

these are not the only components, there is also the core, the impl
(implementation) and the cmdl (command line)
and I think Neutron, but I am not sure either if that is it, hence you
might rather say these are some examples.

>     Efficiently building webapp classes
>
> Webapp classes are all classes that are under
> |{yanel.home}/src/webapp/src/java/org/wyona/yanel/servlet|. In order
> to build and test these classes efficiently, one can run:
>
> {yanel.home}/build.sh compile-webapp copy-basic-webapp-libs copy-webapp-files-to-tomcat-cluster-node1
>
> instead of running the whole build process. This will build only the
> webapp and redeploy it, and should reduce the waiting time from a
> couple of minutes to a couple of seconds.
>

>     Efficiently building resource classes
>
> Resource classes can be found in separate directories at several
> locations, e.g.:
>
>     * |{yanel.home}/src/resources|
>     * |{yanel.home}/src/contributions/resources|
>     * |{yanel.home}src/realms/welcome-admin/yanel/resources|
>     * |{yanel.home}src/realms/from-scratch-realm-template/res-types|
>     * |{my.realm}res-types|
>     * etc...

the slashes are not consistent