[Yanel-dev] GWT HostMode/DevMode blocks Ant terminal

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Fri Mar 26 10:26:43 CET 2010

Hi!

I noticed that the way the "gwt:hostmode" target of resource-types works
blocks the Unix terminal on which it is run.
This is annoying, especially if you stops (^Z) the process, the GWT
console is frozen as well as browsers that run the GWT plugin (!) (at
least with Firefox).
Changing this should not be too confusing for the user because trying to
open two GWT consoles always warns one is already running.

I am testing ATM if there are no problems with using on the
corresponding 'java' task spawn='true' in addition to fork="true" to
free the terminal. This should not make any difference WRT how the JVM
itself is run AFAICU.
Under Windows I think this should also prevent blocking a DOS window.

Feedback is welcome, esp. WRT GWT 1.x if someone stills want to skip
with that, Windows and OSX.

Cheers,
    Guillaume