[Yanel-dev] permissions for policy edition and view on 'use-cases' realm

Guillaume Déflache guillaume.deflache at wyona.com
Wed Mar 24 12:08:39 CET 2010

Michael Wechner schrieb:
> Guillaume Déflache wrote:
[...]
>> OK thanks, sorry I forgot about the .policy file.
>>
>> That reminds me of a remark memo made during lunch recently: this
>> policy file is hidden under Unix and can easily get forgotten,
>
> not if it is documented

I'd argue one can still forget about it even then, and it is not really
"discoverable".

>> maybe we should allow for an alternative name like "policy" without
>> the leading dot (or COLLECTION.policy so that there is still an
>> extension) so that it can be always visible?
>> Ditto for .yarep files BTW.
>
> The problem is re conflicts. What if you have directory called
> COLLECTION? Or ROOT or whatever.

Granted, and making that prefix configurable would complicate things
more and may even not be sufficient as one might need different prefixes
for different directory levels in case a conflict appears later on.

So maybe 'policy' would be the only sensible alternative?

> Btw, SVN and GIT use the same principle.

Sure but in our case we have both a hidden file (.policy) and non-hidden
files (*.policy) which leads you to think you see all of them when doing
a simple `ls`.