[Yanel-dev] Path names in map.rc-map file

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Mar 23 22:24:06 CET 2010

Mehmet Birgi wrote:
> Hi all
>
> In the map.rc-map files, the values of the rcpath attribute all start
> with a '/', which looks like they were absolute paths, while in
> reality they are relative to the location of the rc-map file (I
> think). This seems (mildly) confusing to me. Is there a reason for this?

Each repository is like a harddisk, and so the "resource configuration"
repository is also such a harddisk.

The map.rc-map (which I think is an unfortunate name) is hence using
absolute paths, because it describes
at which location nodes can be found within the "resource configuration"
repository.

Makse sense?