[Yanel-dev] Re: [Dev] Re: Yanel in Eclipse

Mehmet Birgi mehmet.birgi at wyona.com
Mon Mar 22 09:13:36 CET 2010

Hi All

If there is no more feedback, I will check in this current version later
today.

Cheers,

Memo

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Mehmet Birgi <mehmet.birgi at wyona.com>wrote:

> Thanks to Guillaume for providing excellent feedback, here is the second
> draft, with his suggestions incorporated (I'm still open to more feedback=
):

> Setting up Yanel in the Eclipse IDE
>
> This document will get you started using Eclipse to develop/debug your
> Yanel project. To keep things simple and reliable, building and SVN access
> will be done outside of Eclipse. Also, it is assumed that you are using a
> unix-like shell for command line processing, if you are using the windows
> command line, replace the references to the shell scripts below with their
> aequivalent dos batch files (e.g. replace "build.sh" with "build.bat") and
> "/" with "\".
>
> Depending on what you will be working on, you might need to import several
> projects into Eclipse. In this context, there are 3 types of projects:
> realms, resources, and Yanel itself. Please note that importing Yanel into
> Eclipse as a project will *not* automatically import Yanel's resource
> types, they have to be imported separately, and one by one, as described
> below.
> Importing a realm
>
> If you want to work on a realm that has a separate directory from the Yan=
el
> source, follow these steps to import it as a project into Eclipse:
>
>    1. Check out Yanel and the external realm, and add the realm to Yanel<=
http://127.0.0.1:8080/yanel/yanel-website/en/documentation/how-to-add-a-new=
-realm.html>
>    .
>    2. Compile and deploy "yanel-test-1.0-dev-rREVISION.jar":
>
>    cd {path/to/yanel/root}
>    ./build.sh -f {path/to/yanel/root}/src/test/build.xml install-jar
>
>    This will build the jar file and deploy it automatically to your maven
>    repository.
>     3. Build an Eclipse project using the specific "eclipse" target with
>    the realm's build file:
>
>    cd {path/to/yanel/root}
>    ./build.sh -f {path/to/realm/root}/build.xml eclipse
>
>    4. In Eclipse, select *File -> Import*, to open the Import dialog.
>    5. Select *General -> Existing Projects into Workspace*, then click on
>    *Next*.
>    6. Check *"Select root directory"*, click on *Browse*, and select the
>    realm's root directory (i.e. where build.xml is located)
>    7. Make sure the realm project is selected (should be the only one), *=
"Copy
>    projects into workspace"* is *not* selected, and click on *Finish*.
>
> The realm should now be visible as a project in the Package Explorer view
> in Eclipse's Java perspective.
> Importing resource types
>
> If you want to work on a specific resource type that is either a resource
> type of Yanel, or one belonging to another realm, follow these steps to
> import it as a project into Eclipse:
>
>    1. Follow points #1-2<http://127.0.0.1:8080/yanel/yanel-website/en/doc=
umentation/development/build_setup_eclipse_ide.html#point1>above if you hav=
e not already done so.
>    2. If the resource type you are importing belongs to an external realm,
>    follow point #3<http://127.0.0.1:8080/yanel/yanel-website/en/documenta=
tion/development/build_setup_eclipse_ide.html#point3>above in case you have=
 not already done so. If the resource type you are

-- =

Mehmet Birgi
www.wyona.com