[Yanel-dev] Re: Use of ImageMagick with Yanel/Yarep

Cedric Staub cedric.staub at wyona.com
Thu Jun 24 13:59:50 CEST 2010

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:47:02 +0200
Mehmet Birgi <mehmet.birgi at wyona.com> wrote:

> Question: is there a platform independent way to integrate this into
> the Yanel build system?

I don't think there would be an easy way to do so, considering all the diffrent flavors of Linux/Unix that are out there and the various package managers that they use (for example, aptitude only works on Debian/Ubuntu systems). What you could probably do is check if ImageMagick is installed and if not print a warning message; that way the system administrator knows what he needs to do in order to fix it (figuring out how to install it should be the lesser problem).

Of course, I'm no expert on the Yanel build system, so please correct me if I'm wrong ;-).

Cheers,
Cedric