[Yanel-dev] Creating new resource

Michael Wechner michael.wechner at wyona.com
Tue Jun 22 22:14:10 CEST 2010

Mehmet Birgi wrote:
> Hi
>
> When a new resource is created via the Yanel build system as described
> on the page http://yanel.wyona.org/en/documentation/create-new-resource.html,
> compiling only the resource (again, as described on that page) does
> not seem to be enough to register the resource.

you need to register it first (see "Register New Resource" of
http://yanel.wyona.org/en/documentation/create-new-resource.html)
>  Only after a complete
> build of Yanel is the new resource visible in the list of registered
> resources. Is this correct?

this is only correct if you register it first within

$YANELHOME/conf/local/local.resource-type.xml

(as described within the documentation)

If you register it directly within the deployed version, e.g.

local/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/webapps/yanel/WEB-INF/classes/resource-types.xml

then you only need to build the new resource and restart Yanel.

Is it clearer now?